2016 NELAA Shooters of the Year:
a) PeeWee- Brantley Whitlock
b) Cubs- Braeden Stephens
c) Traditional- Dean Griffin
d) Longbow- Mike Simmons
e) Youth- Brandon Harris
f) Women's Youth- Tatum Thomisee
g) Women's Bowhunter- Courtney Guest
h) Women's Open- Nikki Hall
i) Bowhunter- Michael Graves
j) Bowhunter Outlaw- Tony Concelli
k) Open- Devin Rowland
l) Senior Open- Scott Moore
m) Known 45- Ronnie Ronquille
n) Pro Class- Bradley Poss
We do not award shooter of the year for Novice class, but we would like to acknowledge Patrick Stephens as the High Point Shooter for our 2016 season.
Also there was no one qualified to win shooter of the year for Pro Money, but we would like to acknowledge Jason Daniel as the High Point Shooter for our 2016 season.
Congrats to all our shooters for a great year!!
2016 NELAA Honorary Members:
(left to right)
Lloyd Bricklen (not shown)
Marcelle Ronquille (not shown)
Ronnie Sims (not shown)
Special Thanks on behalf of all of us at NELAA to the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Deptmnt for the use of their grounds & facility at the Ouachita Parish Rifle Range! They have been good to us helping us support the outdoor sports for the past several years! Our Championship Shoot was set up on their 120 acre archery park. They offer a great mix of open field shots & in the woods, clean grounds & a huge facility where we hold our annual Banquet! Def a great place to come whether you're coming to shoot an archery tournament or to go just to practice. They have memberships for both the archery park and the shooting range. If you're looking for a great place to practice go check em out on their website for more info: http://www.opso.net/public-range/
Thanks to all of our contributors:
1) Brandi & Todd Causey of the Southern Outdoors Radio Show for always helping us spread the word of 3D Archery on their radio show each & every week! Tune in every Tuesday 6pm-7pm on Z107.5fm to get tips on the outdoor life. Go "Like" their facebook page & tell em we sent ya! https://www.facebook.com/SouthernOutdoorsRadio?fref=ts
2) The Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Deptmnt for allowing us the use of the Ouachita Parish Rifle Range for our 3D events & their nice facility to hold our annual banquets. We appreciate you so much & the use of the Rifle Range!! www.opso.net
3) TP Outdoors in Monroe for helping us purchase 3 bows & helping us out on most of our raffle items. www.tpoutdoors.com
4) Tolar's Backhoe Service for donating a Millennium Tree Stand & an Ozonics Hunting Scent Control Elimination Device. If you need any dirt or dozer work at all done these guys are the one's to call!!
5) Flair Jewelers in Monroe for donating us 2 awesome Bow Pendant necklaces, made by Steve Sills! If you are an outdoors lover you need to check out Flair Jewelers and their Compound & Recurve Necklaces, along with the rifle, shotgun, crossbow, & fishing hook necklaces. Steve does an awesome job creating these pendants! Go by check them out & see their wide variety! Find em on Facebook & tell em we sent ya! https://www.facebook.com/FlairJewelersWM
6) Bullet Designs in Choudrant for donating 2 beautiful necklaces, bracelet, & earrings! If you like to hunt or just shoot, they have the perfect gift for you or that special person! Go check them out at www.bulletdesigns.com, they've got something for everyone & tell em NELAA sent ya!
7) Louisiana CAT for donating several knives, licsense plates, hats, a couple soft gun cases, & a pair of work gloves. If your in the need of equipment go check these guys out!! http://www.louisianacat.com/
8) Meaux's Plumbing in Ruston for donating several NELAA engraved 30 oz Yeti Tumblers! Check them out on their facebook https://www.facebook.com/Meauxs-Plumbing-LLC-195789870432082/?fref=ts
9) SkyJacker Suspensions in West Monroe, Michael Graves, for getting us a bag full of goodies that included tshirts, koozies, matchbox cars, hats, & hand towels! http://skyjacker.com/
10) Lincoln Outdoor Living in Ruston for donating a camo laundry bag! Go see them to get the best grill on the market the Big Green Egg! http://www.lincolnoutdoorllc.com/
11) Coburn Supply in Ruston for donating a Yeti Cooler http://www.coburns.com/
12) S&J Farm & Feed in West Monroe for donating the beautiful glass equine lamp & glass tumbler! Check them out on their facebook https://www.facebook.com/sandjfarmandfeed/
13) Academy Sports of West Monroe https://www.academy.com/
14) Cracker Barrel of West Monroe http://www.crackerbarrelcstores.com/
15) West Monroe Walmart http://www.walmart.com/store/307
16) Dickie Champion with Champion Custom Turkey Calls
17) Earthway EV-N-Spred www.earthway.com
18) Tex Joy Seasoning www.texjoy.com
19) BCY Fibers www.bcyfibers.com
20) Lethal Field Spray www.lethalproducts.com
21) Burt Coyote Lumenok www.lumenok.net
22) One Stringer Custom Arrow Wraps www.onestringer.com
23) Jim & Eva Shockey www.jimshockey.com
24) 3 Rivers Archery www.3riversarchery.com
25) Pro-Line Bowstrings www.prolinebowstrings.com
26) Lancaster Archery www.lancasterarchery.com
27) Alpen Optics www.alpenoptics.com
28) Mathews www.mathewsinc.com
29) Chili's Grill & Bar http://www.chilis.com/EN/Pages/home.aspx
Thanks to everyone that made the Championship Shoot & Banquet possible!
(I hope I didn't miss anyone, but if I did please do not think that your help was gone unnoticed or unappreciated)
1) Dan Lord, Cookie Rhodes, & Clint Farrar for working the shoot & getting everyone grouped out to get em out on the course. Kim Simmons & Aliscia Townsend for helping out at the registration desk to get everyone signed in & organized.
2) Cookie Rhodes & his guys for always helping me with whatever I need throughout the year & helping us get great grounds & an awesome facility each year!
3) Rodger with his catering service "Doves Delight Catering" for another mouth watering supper! His Boudin Stuffed Pork Loin & dirty rice were the bomb again this year!! Thank you Roger for another great supper!! If you are looking for great food for your upcoming event this guy is the person to call!! Not only is Rodger a vet he is a great christian man & always makes sure that he has us taken care of! Give him a call to see about catering your event at (318) 614-0311, tell him Kim at NELAA sent ya!
6) Nikki Hall, Amie Skipper, & Aliscia Townsend for making us a GREAT assortment of Deserts!
7) Anthony Denton for his blessing & giving thanks for our supper & gathering of our NELAA friends & family.
8) Dan Lord, Clint Farrar, Aliscia Townsend, Christian Lord, & Kylie Gates for helping the flow of our award ceremony, and again to Dan for making the raffles & bow giveaways worth remembering!
9) Aliscia Townsend, Clint Farrar, Christian Lord, Kylie Gates, & Dan Lord for helping me set out & organize each of the raffle groupings.
9) Aliscia Townsend, Clint Farrar, Christian Lord, Kylie Gates, & Case Farrar for helping tear & sale the raffle tickets & cards.
10) Case Farrar & Caleb Johnson for taking the food tickets to help get our NELAA family& guests served & taken care of quick.
11) Aliscia Townsend for volunteering to help me get donations, Thank you Aliscia you were a HUGE stress reliever for me!!
12) Michael Graves for getting us a great bag of goodies from Skyjackers for our raffle tables!
13) The OPSO Rifle Range, BIG Thanks to the OPSO for allowing us each year the use of the rifle range & facility!!!
14) All of our shooters for their continued support every year and anyone else that I may have forgotten to mention, we appreciate each and every one of you!
15) Thanks to all 4 of our clubs too, for bringing targets & setting up each one to give us a challenging course.
I am proud & honored to be part of the NELAA organization, we are not just a 3D Archery organization, we are a group that allows family, friends, and strangers to come together with a common interest. Ultimately we have all become family and just like all families we gain new members through out the season. I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting all of our new shooters & getting to know each of you & your families this year. I could not ask for a better group of people! If I could encourage each of you to look to your local club, volunteer helping out occasionally, even if it's just one time. It's a lot of work for the same one or two people running the clubs setting up, working the shoot, and taking down targets. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all for another great 3D Archery Season, looking forward to another year & what 2017 holds for us!! ~Kim Lord