Ok everyone 2018 LOUISIANA ASA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP SHOOT
2 DAY SHOOT ~July 7th-8th
To be held at:
101 McGuire Rd
$35 High school and up
$25 Middle school and down
15 TARGETS BOTH COURSES
30 Targets Total
Saturday - Shotgun start 8:30am & 1pm
Sunday - Shotgun start 8:30am
(Arrive atleast 1 hour early to be assigned into groups)
(May shoot one course on one day and second on next day, or may shoot both on Saturday. Can only shoot ONE course on Sunday)
Must shoot course 1 on Saturday (may shoot at either 8:30am or 1pm shotgun time starts)
Course 2 may be shot also on Saturday at 1pm shotgun start time or shoot at 8:30am shotgun start time on Sunday
Sunday shoot down time 2:30pm, no show will be considered as forfeit.
For all award winners it is mandatory to pick up awards on Sunday following shoot down.
**ASA scoring rule applies, u will not be allowed to keep ur own score.**
Everyone will shoot with there peers
If you have lifetime membership
Make sure you bring your membership
Cards with you. It’s not the ladies at registration to look it up for you they will be busy getting everything together for the shoot.
Dan Lord ASA State Rep.
Spanky Briggs ASA State Director
---------DRESS CODE REQUIREMENT---------
1. Shorts and skirts must be longer than finger-tip length while standing normally.
2. Men and women are required to wear upper garments fully covering the front and back of the body, including the midriff, when at full draw.
3. Shirts with collars are mandatory. ASA sponsor’s staff shooters may wear factory issued competition clothing which may include Henley style collars or mock turtle necks.
4. Men's shirts must have short or long sleeves. T-shirts and tank tops are not allowed.
5. Due to safety considerations it is recommended that all shooters wear shoes that fully cover the entire foot. Bare feet, open-toed sandals or flip-flops are not allowed while competing on the
6. At no time will shooters, guests or spectators wear any article bearing an image or language to be considered vulgar or offensive. If they do not have a shirt to change into they will be required to
turn the offensive shirt inside out if they wish to remain on the premises or they will be required to leave.
oHey ladies check this out---- The Louisiana Whitetails Unlimited Women's Chapter is having a banquet coming up on Saturday, December 2nd!!! To find out more info please click here, it should take you to their website.
Or go to www.whitetailsunlimited.com, then click on their "Events" tab. This event is now only a week away and they are hoping for a great turnout so go check em out!!!
***Copied and Shared info from Spanky Briggs for Louisiana ASA***
ASA STATE QUALIFIER 7/8/2017
Ok everyone we added a ASA State Qualifier in the south so everyone can get qualified for the ASA state Championship. All qualifiers this weekend will count for the shooter of the year this weekend to. Hope everyone shoots straight and I will see everyone at the state championship.
ASA State Qualifier 7-8-17 is at Crossed Arrows Archery Club. It is a Shot gun start.
So you need to be there to sign up
For more info contact :George Varnado
Address: 34480 Hwy 1056
Mt. Hermon La. 70450
Happy 4th July everyone
LOUISIANA ASA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP 7/15-7/16/2017
Louisiana Asa State Championship
Hosted by Man Cave Archery
Adress: 6420 hwy 8 Bentley La. 71407
Contact: Spanky 318-899-3309
Hello everyone for the shooters that are qualified for shooter of the year. And make sure that you get to the shoot a little early to warm up and I need everyone to be signed up and ready to go. Shooters will be shooting both days.
This is the Shooting times for shooter of the year classes on Saturday 7-15-17.
Women's Hunter. 8:00am. B Range
Bowhunter Novice. 8:00am. A Range
Super Senior open. 8:30am. B Range
Men's open B. 8:30am. A Range
K-40. 9:00am. B Range
K-40 woman's. 9:00am. A Range
K-50. 10:00am. B.Range
K-45. 10:00am. A Range
This is the Shooting times for shooter of the year for this Class for Sunday 7-16-17.
Women's Hunter 8:00am A Range
Bowhunter Novice. 8:00am. B Range
Super Senior Open. 8:15am. A Range
Men's Open B. 8:15am. B Range
K-40. 8:30am A Range
K-40. Women's. 8:30am. B Range
K-50. 9:00am. A Range
K-45. 9:00am. B Range
All classes listed for shooter of the year will be having a 5 target shoot down round, so don't leave before the shoot down is done because the 5 targets count toward your score for Shooter of the Year.
All kids classes will be given a Shooter of the year Awards and State Championship buckle. High school classes and down will be a causal start. All Elementary and Middle school children must be accompanied by an adult any time they will be shooting on the Range. All Adults that are Qualified for the State Championship will have a causal start starting at these times.
Saturday 8:00am 1:00pm
Sunday 8:00am 11:00pm
All scores for both Ranges have to be turned in by 3:00pm Sunday. It's going to be 30 Targets total for the weekend so if you are just shooting Sunday you should try to get their early. The awards will be given out on Sunday. Food and Drinks will be available for purchase on Saturday and Sunday. There will be also a Simms shoot for all Classes. It is 10 Targets.
Thanks everyone for supporting this program this year!
Honorary Members: (left to right)
Marcelle Ronquille (not shown)
Lloyd Bricklen (not shown)
Ronnie Sims (not shown)
Shooters of the Year:
a) PeeWee- Max Milton
b) Cubs- Cole Morganthall
c) Longbow- Mike Ouchley
d) Traditional- Anthony Denton
e) Youth- William Cavender
f) Womens Youth- Tatum Thomisee
g) Womens Bowhunter- Erin Winborne
h) Womens Open- Holly Parker
I) Bowhunter- Tim Moore Jr
j) Bowhunter Outlaw- Chad Winborne
k) Senior Open- Randall Hatten
l) Open- Lincoln Hall
m) Known 45- Tim Moore
n) Pro Class- Buz Townsend
We do not award shooter of the year for Novice class, but
we would like to acknowledge Brandon Harris as the High
Point Shooter for our 2017 seasonSpecial Thanks on behalf of all of us at NELAA to the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Deptmnt for the use of their grounds at the Ouachita Parish Rifle Range! They have been good to us helping us support the outdoor sports for the past several years! Our Championship Shoot was set up on their 120 acre archery park. They offer a great mix of open field shots & in the woods, clean grounds & a nice facility where we do our shoot registration! Def a great place to come whether you're coming to shoot an archery tournament or to go just to practice. They have memberships for both the archery park and the shooting range. If you're looking for a great place to practice go check em out on their website for more info: http://www.opso.net/public-range/
Thanks to all of our contributors:
1) Ouachita Baptist Church for allowing us the use of their spacious reception rooms & kitchen. Thank you to Lincoln & Nikki Hall for getting that set up for us. I think I can speak for everyone saying that we really enjoyed the extra space this year!
2) Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Deptmnt for allowing us the use of the grounds at the Ouachita Parish Rifle Range for our Tupawek shoots & the NELAA Championship 3D events. We appreciate you so much for the continued use of the Archery/Rifle Range!! www.opso.net
3) TP Outdoors in Monroe for helping us purchase 2 bows & helping us out on most of our raffle items. www.tpoutdoors.com Thank you Patrick for all your help!!
4) Chad Tolar of Tolar's Backhoe Service for donating a Fryer and stand. If you need any dirt or dozer work done he is your guy to call!!
5) Hart Archery for donating us 3 awesome Arrowhead Pendant necklaces!
6) McKinney Honda of Ruston for donating a Tree Stand and large bag of goodies! Thank you Tommy Simmons for helping us get those items!
7) Charlie Morganthall with Louisiana CAT for donating several license plates, hats, a soft gun cases, & 2 large duffle bags. If your in the need of equipment go check these guys out!! http://www.louisianacat.com/
8) Coburn Supply of Ruston for donating a YETI 45 ice chest. Thank you Clint Farrar for helping us get that!
9) SkyJacker Suspensions in West Monroe, Michael Graves, for getting us 3 big bags full of goodies that included tshirts, koozies, matchbox cars, hats, & hand towels! http://skyjacker.com/
10) TP Outdoors in West Monroe for donating 3 big plastic tubs full of misc items. Thank you Mr Cookie for helping us get those items for us!
11) Mrs Kim Simmons for donating a beautiful arrow wreath that she handmade!
12) Scott Moore with Century 21 Realty for donating 2 tumblers.
13) Mrs Kays Sweets & Eats for donating a scrumptious dessert tray! Thank you Linc & Nikki for helping us get that!
14) Carwash West for donating a couple Full Service Wash passes. Thank you Linc & Nikki for helping us get those!
15) Rocketfast Carwash in Ruston for donating 10 passes. Thank you Dan Lord for helping us get those!
16) Dan Lord Plumbing for donating all the soda’s and water for the championship shoot & banquet. Thank you Dan Lord!17) Catfish Charlie’s for donating a $50 gift card. Thanks to Linc & Nikki for helping us get that!
18) Holly & Jimmy Parker for donating a left handed youth bow that was given away to one excited little girl! Thank you Holly & Jimmy!!
Thanks to everyone that made the Championship Shoot & Banquet possible!
(I hope I didn't miss anyone, but if I did please do not think that your help was gone unnoticed or unappreciated)
1) Dan Lord, Cookie Rhodes, Mike Simmons, Brian Jones for working the shoot & getting everyone grouped out to get em out on the course. Kim Simmons for helping me out at the registration desk to get everyone signed in & organized.
2) Cookie Rhodes & his guys for always helping me with whatever I need throughout the year & helping us get great grounds each year!
3) Rodger with his catering service "Doves Delight Catering" for another mouth watering supper! His Boudin Stuffed Pork Loin was the bomb again this year!! Thank you Roger for another great supper!! If you are looking for great food for your upcoming event this guy is the person to call!! Not only is Rodger a vet he is a great christian man & always makes sure that he has us taken care of! Give him a call to see about catering your event at (318) 614-0311, tell him Kim at NELAA sent ya!
6) Nikki Hall, Sabrina Palmer, Krystle Mahoney, DeAnna Graves, Kenny Ambrose, Tammy Thomisee, & Randy DeBruhl for making us a GREAT assortment of Deserts!
7) Lincoln Hall for his blessing & giving thanks for our supper & gathering of our NELAA friends & family.
8) Dan Lord, Chad Tolar, DeAnna Graves, Toni Graves for working the ticket & card sales. And again to Chad Tolar for helping the flow of our award ceremony getting us the raffle items as we needed them. Again to Dan for making the raffles & bow giveaways worth remembering!
9) Dan Lord, Chad Tolar, Lincoln Hall, Nikki Hall, Holly Parker, & Jimmy Parker for helping me set out & organize each of the raffle groupings.
10) Cookie Rhodes, Lincoln Hall, & Nikki Hall for helping me get donations. Thank you to all of you, y’all were a HUGE stress relievers for me!!
11) Michael Graves for getting us a great bag of goodies from Skyjackers for our raffle tables!
12) Big thanks to everyone that stayed afterwards to help us clean-up!! I’m not sure if I got everyone’s name listed, I was trying to pay attention while we were all working getting stuff put away. We had an BIG amount of people that stayed & helped. If I didn’t list your name please do not think your help was unappreciated or unnoticed! Dan Lord, Cookie Rhodes, Kim Simmons, Mike Simmons, Lincoln Hall, Nikki Hall, Jimmy Parker, Holly Parker, Michael Graves & family, Jason Sturgis & family. BIG thank you to each of you for helping us get the church cleaned up in no time!!!
12) Thank you to ALL of our shooters for their continued support every year and anyone else that I may have forgotten to mention, we appreciate each and every one of you!
13) Thanks to all 5 of our clubs too, for bringing targets & setting up each one to give us a challenging course.
I know I say this every year but I am truly proud & honored to be part of the NELAA organization, we are not just a 3D archery organization, we are a group that allows family, friends, and strangers to come together with a common interest.
"What makes us different?"
When you first come to our shoots you enter as a stranger but leave the season as part of our family. Just like all families we gain new members through out the season and I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting all of our new shooters & getting to know each of you & your families this year.
We pray, encourage, & console one another, we are there for one another the way families should be. Each weekend is like a family get together for me & I could not ask for a better group of people!
If I could encourage each of you to look to your local club, volunteer helping out occasionally, even if it's just one time. It's a lot of work for the same one or two people running the clubs setting up, working the shoot, and taking down targets. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you all for another great 3D Archery Season, looking forward to another year & what 2018 holds for us!!
Keep an eye on the NELAA website for after season shoots, some of our clubs will be hosting Bowhunter equipment only, Traditional only, and/or Night “Owl” Shoots. Our fun is not over yet!! 😊 ~Kim Lord
A little bragging on a few of our Longbow & Recurve shooters:
3-12's at the same time. Roger Brixley, Sabrina Palmer, Josh Palmer. Longbow and recurve.
**If you've got some bragging pics or you'd like to share any photo's with us please email them to me. If you wanna do a little braggin' please give details of the pic so that I can share the info. Ready, set, GO.... :) **
Tommy Price robin hoods Randall Hatten for a 12. Good shooting guys!!