Honorary Members: (left to right)
Marcelle Ronquille (not shown)
Lloyd Bricklen (not shown)
Ronnie Sims (not shown)
Shooters of the Year:
a) PeeWee- Max Milton
b) Cubs- Cole Morganthall
c) Longbow- Mike Ouchley
d) Traditional- Anthony Denton
e) Youth- William Cavender
f) Womens Youth- Tatum Thomisee
g) Womens Bowhunter- Erin Winborne
h) Womens Open- Holly Parker
I) Bowhunter- Tim Moore Jr
j) Bowhunter Outlaw- Chad Winborne
k) Senior Open- Randall Hatten
l) Open- Lincoln Hall
m) Known 45- Tim Moore
n) Pro Class- Buz Townsend
We do not award shooter of the year for Novice class, but
we would like to acknowledge Brandon Harris as the High
Point Shooter for our 2017 seasonSpecial Thanks on behalf of all of us at NELAA to the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Deptmnt for the use of their grounds at the Ouachita Parish Rifle Range! They have been good to us helping us support the outdoor sports for the past several years! Our Championship Shoot was set up on their 120 acre archery park. They offer a great mix of open field shots & in the woods, clean grounds & a nice facility where we do our shoot registration! Def a great place to come whether you're coming to shoot an archery tournament or to go just to practice. They have memberships for both the archery park and the shooting range. If you're looking for a great place to practice go check em out on their website for more info: http://www.opso.net/public-range/
Thanks to all of our contributors:
1) Ouachita Baptist Church for allowing us the use of their spacious reception rooms & kitchen. Thank you to Lincoln & Nikki Hall for getting that set up for us. I think I can speak for everyone saying that we really enjoyed the extra space this year!
2) Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Deptmnt for allowing us the use of the grounds at the Ouachita Parish Rifle Range for our Tupawek shoots & the NELAA Championship 3D events. We appreciate you so much for the continued use of the Archery/Rifle Range!! www.opso.net
3) TP Outdoors in Monroe for helping us purchase 2 bows & helping us out on most of our raffle items. www.tpoutdoors.com Thank you Patrick for all your help!!
4) Chad Tolar of Tolar's Backhoe Service for donating a Fryer and stand. If you need any dirt or dozer work done he is your guy to call!!
5) Hart Archery for donating us 3 awesome Arrowhead Pendant necklaces!
6) McKinney Honda of Ruston for donating a Tree Stand and large bag of goodies! Thank you Tommy Simmons for helping us get those items!
7) Charlie Morganthall with Louisiana CAT for donating several license plates, hats, a soft gun cases, & 2 large duffle bags. If your in the need of equipment go check these guys out!! http://www.louisianacat.com/
8) Coburn Supply of Ruston for donating a YETI 45 ice chest. Thank you Clint Farrar for helping us get that!
9) SkyJacker Suspensions in West Monroe, Michael Graves, for getting us 3 big bags full of goodies that included tshirts, koozies, matchbox cars, hats, & hand towels! http://skyjacker.com/
10) TP Outdoors in West Monroe for donating 3 big plastic tubs full of misc items. Thank you Mr Cookie for helping us get those items for us!
11) Mrs Kim Simmons for donating a beautiful arrow wreath that she handmade!
12) Scott Moore with Century 21 Realty for donating 2 tumblers.
13) Mrs Kays Sweets & Eats for donating a scrumptious dessert tray! Thank you Linc & Nikki for helping us get that!
14) Carwash West for donating a couple Full Service Wash passes. Thank you Linc & Nikki for helping us get those!
15) Rocketfast Carwash in Ruston for donating 10 passes. Thank you Dan Lord for helping us get those!
16) Dan Lord Plumbing for donating all the soda’s and water for the championship shoot & banquet. Thank you Dan Lord!17) Catfish Charlie’s for donating a $50 gift card. Thanks to Linc & Nikki for helping us get that!
18) Holly & Jimmy Parker for donating a left handed youth bow that was given away to one excited little girl! Thank you Holly & Jimmy!!
Thanks to everyone that made the Championship Shoot & Banquet possible!
(I hope I didn't miss anyone, but if I did please do not think that your help was gone unnoticed or unappreciated)
1) Dan Lord, Cookie Rhodes, Mike Simmons, Brian Jones for working the shoot & getting everyone grouped out to get em out on the course. Kim Simmons for helping me out at the registration desk to get everyone signed in & organized.
2) Cookie Rhodes & his guys for always helping me with whatever I need throughout the year & helping us get great grounds each year!
3) Rodger with his catering service "Doves Delight Catering" for another mouth watering supper! His Boudin Stuffed Pork Loin was the bomb again this year!! Thank you Roger for another great supper!! If you are looking for great food for your upcoming event this guy is the person to call!! Not only is Rodger a vet he is a great christian man & always makes sure that he has us taken care of! Give him a call to see about catering your event at (318) 614-0311, tell him Kim at NELAA sent ya!
6) Nikki Hall, Sabrina Palmer, Krystle Mahoney, DeAnna Graves, Kenny Ambrose, Tammy Thomisee, & Randy DeBruhl for making us a GREAT assortment of Deserts!
7) Lincoln Hall for his blessing & giving thanks for our supper & gathering of our NELAA friends & family.
8) Dan Lord, Chad Tolar, DeAnna Graves, Toni Graves for working the ticket & card sales. And again to Chad Tolar for helping the flow of our award ceremony getting us the raffle items as we needed them. Again to Dan for making the raffles & bow giveaways worth remembering!
9) Dan Lord, Chad Tolar, Lincoln Hall, Nikki Hall, Holly Parker, & Jimmy Parker for helping me set out & organize each of the raffle groupings.
10) Cookie Rhodes, Lincoln Hall, & Nikki Hall for helping me get donations. Thank you to all of you, y’all were a HUGE stress relievers for me!!
11) Michael Graves for getting us a great bag of goodies from Skyjackers for our raffle tables!
12) Big thanks to everyone that stayed afterwards to help us clean-up!! I’m not sure if I got everyone’s name listed, I was trying to pay attention while we were all working getting stuff put away. We had an BIG amount of people that stayed & helped. If I didn’t list your name please do not think your help was unappreciated or unnoticed! Dan Lord, Cookie Rhodes, Kim Simmons, Mike Simmons, Lincoln Hall, Nikki Hall, Jimmy Parker, Holly Parker, Michael Graves & family, Jason Sturgis & family. BIG thank you to each of you for helping us get the church cleaned up in no time!!!
12) Thank you to ALL of our shooters for their continued support every year and anyone else that I may have forgotten to mention, we appreciate each and every one of you!
13) Thanks to all 5 of our clubs too, for bringing targets & setting up each one to give us a challenging course.
I know I say this every year but I am truly proud & honored to be part of the NELAA organization, we are not just a 3D archery organization, we are a group that allows family, friends, and strangers to come together with a common interest.
"What makes us different?"
When you first come to our shoots you enter as a stranger but leave the season as part of our family. Just like all families we gain new members through out the season and I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting all of our new shooters & getting to know each of you & your families this year.
We pray, encourage, & console one another, we are there for one another the way families should be. Each weekend is like a family get together for me & I could not ask for a better group of people!
If I could encourage each of you to look to your local club, volunteer helping out occasionally, even if it's just one time. It's a lot of work for the same one or two people running the clubs setting up, working the shoot, and taking down targets. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you all for another great 3D Archery Season, looking forward to another year & what 2018 holds for us!!
Keep an eye on the NELAA website for after season shoots, some of our clubs will be hosting Bowhunter equipment only, Traditional only, and/or Night “Owl” Shoots. Our fun is not over yet!! 😊 ~Kim Lord