(In order left to right in pic)
2013 Shooters of the Year:
a) PeeWee- Kyle Belmont
b) Cubs- Colton Payton
c) Youth- Zack Skipper
d) Traditional- David Callaway
e) Adv Traditional- Tiger Garoby
f) Women’s BH- Karen Sims
g) Women’s Open- Tori Sims
h) We'd also like to acknowledge Terry Lowery in our Novice Class.
(There isn't a Shooter of the Year Awarded for the Novice class.)
i) Bowhunter- Jacob St John
j) Open- Richie Bowden
k) Senior Open- Marcelle Ronquille
l) ProMoney- JD Mims
Special Thanks on behalf of all of us at NELAA to the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Deptmnt for the use of their grounds & facility at the Ouachita Parish Rifle Range! They have been good to us helping us support the outdoor sports! Our Championship Shoot was set up on their 120 acre archery park. They offer a great mix of open field shots & in the woods, clean grounds & a huge facility! Def a great place to come whether you're coming to shoot an archery tournament or to go just to practice. They have memberships for both the archery park and the shooting range.
Go check em out on their website for more info: http://www.opso.net/public-range/!
Thanks to all our contributors:
1)Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Deptmnt/Ouachita Parish Rifle Range
2)McKinney Honda, Ruston, LA
4)TP Outdoors, Monroe & West Monroe, LA for donating us a bag of goodies to give away & a bow!
5)Simmon's Sporting Goods, Bastrop, LA for donating us a bow!
6)Flair Jewelers, Monroe, LA for donating us 3 Awesome Necklaces!! If you are an outdoors lover you need to check out Flair Jewelers and their Compound & Recurve Necklaces, along with the rifle, shotgun, fishing hook necklace. Steve did an awesome job creating these pendants!
7)The Bowshooter Station for awarding us with an awesome bowshooter station that we obtained by getting the most "Likes" on his Facebook page! Be sure to go "Like" his page & tell him that we at NELAA sent ya!
9)Southern Outdoors Radio for always helping us spread the word of 3D Archery Sport on their radio show! Tune in every Tuesday 6pm-7pm on Z107.5fm to get tips on the outdoor life. Go "Like" their facebook page & tell em we sent ya! https://www.facebook.com/SouthernOutdoorsRadio?fref=ts
10)Kenny Dyess, Dyess & Associates Co. for donating a big assortment, including a Nice Hog Light!
11)Hips Archery Targets
16)Ted Nugent, Call of the Wild.
18)Kwikee Kwiver for donating a bow quiver.
19)Plano Bow Cases for donating a soft bow case.
20)Hoyt Gregory for donating a dozen arrows
21)Okaloosa Archery for donating a deer stand & ladder
22)Tupawek Bowmen for donating a hunting backpack full of hunting accessories
23)Dan Lord for donating 3 Plano Hard Bow Cases.
Thanks to everyone that made the Championship Shoot & Banquet possible!
1) Dan Lord, Rick Vandevender, Lance Sims, & Todd Causey for working the shoot & getting everyone grouped out to get out on the course. Christian & Kirsten Lord, Justin Flowers,& Jacob Vandevender for helping out at the shoot & helping the registration desk.
2) Brandy Farrar for all her help through out the year helping me with donation letters, her beautiful flower arrangements on our banquet tables & always willing to go where ever I need her to!
3) Rogers Catering for another Great Supper!!
4) Karen Sims, Nikki Hall, & Amie Skipper for making us a GREAT assortment of Deserts!
5) Cookie Rhodes & his guys for always helping us get awesome grounds & a facility to have our Championship Functions & all that he contributes through out the year.
6) Anthony Denton for his blessing of our supper & the gathering of our NELAA family. For also donating a large bag of fishing lures & helping us finish setting up the banquet hall with Mrs. Denton & Eddie Wayne Carter.
7) Dan & Christian Lord, Rick & Jacob Vandevender, and Clint Farrar for helping the flow of our award ceremony and for making the raffle & bow giveaways worth remembering!
8) The Reed & Skipper Family for pitching in & helping us set up & work the banquet.
9) Jason Daniel, Rick Vandevender, Clint & Brandy Farrar for selling raffle tickets& cards.
10) Jacob Vandenvender& Zack Skipper for taking the food tickets to help get our NELAA family& guests served & taken care of quick.
11) Our little NELAA helpers, Lucas Lord, Jackson Lowery, & Case Farrar for helping out with the raffle & door prize drawings.
12) Last but not least all of our shooters for their continued support every year and anyone else that I may have forgotten to mention, we appreciate each of you!
13) Thanks to all 4 of our clubs too, for bringing targets & setting up each one to give us a challenging course.
I am proud & honored to be part of the NELAA organization, we are not just a 3D Archery organization, we are a group that allows family, friends, and strangers to come together with a common interest. Ultimately we have all become family over the years and just like all families we gain new members. Looking forward to another year & what 2014 holds for us! ~Kim Lord